Sunday, July 25, 2010

Joliet Area




Toured Joliet Historical Museum. Had a great time with the Route 66 history, and had our pictures taken with Jake and Elwood.

Also saw what has to be a Bob Finke ancestor:

Steve comment. I've wanted to tour the country for years. This goes back prior to 1998 bicycle ride across America. We've been life time members of Good Sam camping club since 2001 and have been waiting for Cathy to get a severance package from Centel/Sprint/Embarq/Century Link or whatever company. The ultimate goal being to find that perfect location where we can live when we are ready to settle down. Strange thing to say but I want a warmer climate. They tell me Kansas City has been warmer this past week. Anyway we've worked hard for a year selling four bedroom house filled with stuff. We are planning on full timing for years and so far it has been great. Just as we are getting started I thought we'd found the perfect location in Joilet. We found a restaurant with $1.25 busch light draft beers and an outdoor patio. As I had my second beer at lunch watching all the suit and tie folks life looked pretty good. Is this the place????

After the beers wore off I reallized the location was downtown next to the police station. Maybe this isn't the perfect location. We'll keep looking.


Full time people love giving advice. Cathy says I have the helpless look down pat and people rush over to help. We were struggling to put together my folding kayak that has been in storage for years. We gave up and then two neighbors came over and helped put it together. Kayak worked great can I get it together another time? I may have to invite the neighbors?


No comments:

Post a Comment