Monday, August 8, 2011

Twin Fountains RV Park - OK City, OK

We were able to visit the Oklahoma State Capital Building and Governor's Mansion. The Capital ground were interesting, with several memorials, including one from all of the Native American Tribes from the area.
We lunched at the highly recommended "Cattlemans Steakhouse" in the stockyard district. Several whole cows were eaten while we were there!
Steve visited the National Cowboy Museum and we both visited the zoo. The baby elephant was out for the first time, and his mom and aunt were keeping him very close!
We spent the next day at the National Memorial and Museum, dedicated to the 1995 bombing. It was a very sobering and moving tribute to those who died there.
On to Grove, OK...

1 comment:

  1. I was starting to worry about you again! You tell your wife there is life after a Kindle...she should try the Nook...I love mine! :) I do believe you now officially have more gray hair than me....but I'd have to see you in person to confirm that! Have fun...keep writing. I AM reading every word!

    ReplyDelete